Summer is finally make an appearance here in Austin but with more sunlight comes more allergens. Enjoying indoor activities every now and then can help reduce the amount of sneezing and sniffling allergy suffers have to deal with. We’ve compiled a list of summer activities that keep you entertained and away from pollen.
- Make a visit to Book People. They offer story time as well as book clubs for all different types of literature lovers
- Go back in time, figuratively speaking. Austin has a wide array of museums to bring wonder to people of all ages including the Austin Museum of Art and Austin’s Children’s Museum and the Texas History Museum, which features an IMAX theater inside.
- Catch a movie. Many theaters around town off discounted tickets on certain days as well as summer club passes for kids.
- Take a mini road trip (depending on what part of town you live in) to Cabela’s. Cabela’s in Buda is more than just an outfitter store, it also features animal displays in realistic recreations of their natural habitats.
- Visit our new aquarium! The Austin Aquarium features stingrays, birds, reptiles and even a “sleep with the sharks” option which allows you to spend the night tank-side!
- Been there, done that? If you’ve exhausted all of these venues by the end of the summer, be sure to always check out the schedules for our local performance theaters. The Long Center, Texas Performing Art Center and The Paramount Theater all bring various types of entertainment and are sure to have something to spark your interest.